Hoisin tofu, crispy kale & chilli cashew wraps
You’ll go far to find a brighter or more multi-textured way to stuff a wrap. Why not put each element into bowls on the table, and let everyone build their own vegan masterpiece.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook15 mins
- Total time30 mins
- 100g Essential Roasted & Salted Cashew Nuts, roughly chopped
- 175ml Essential Oat Drink Unsweetened, or other dairy-free milk alternative
- 4 Essential Wholemeal Tortilla Wraps
- 200g Essential Kale
- 2 tbsp Essential Vegetable Oil
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 25g pack coriander, ½ roughly chopped including stems, ½ leaves picked
- 160g Cauldron Hoisin Tofu
- 1 bunch Essential Salad Onions, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1 Essential Lime, cut into 4 wedges
Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Put the cashews and milk alternative into a small saucepan and bring just to the boil. Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Wrap the tortillas in foil and place on the lower shelf of the oven.
Put the kale in a large roasting tin and drizzle with 1 tbsp of the oil. Season lightly and mix with your hands until all the kale is coated. Bake for 12-15 minutes until crisped, turning the leaves halfway through cooking.
Tip the cashews and milk alternative into a small blender with the chilli and chopped coriander and blend until smooth. Transfer to a small dish. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the tofu for 3 minutes, until piping hot throughout. Spread ½ the cashew sauce over the wraps and scatter with the kale, then the tofu, salad onions and remaining coriander leaves. Serve with the remaining sauce for spooning, and lime wedges for squeezing over.
Hoisin tofu is precut into bitesized pieces in a sweet hoisin marinade with garlic and spices. To make your own, dice plain tofu and stir in 3-4 tbsp hoisin sauce after frying.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe