Honey & zaatar chicken wings
Gloriously sticky chicken wings are the ultimate party pleaser. Just make sure you have napkins to hand!
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook40 mins
- Total time55 mins
- Plusmarinating + cooking
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp Cooks' Ingredients Zaatar
- 1 tbsp Cooks' Ingredients Smoked Paprika
- 1½ tbsp clear honey
- 4 clove/s garlic, crushed
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 x 475g packs Essential Chicken Wings
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 180g pack Levantine Table Herby Labneh Yogurt Dip, to serve
In a large mixing bowl or resealable food bag, mix together the oil, zaatar, paprika, honey, garlic, lemon zest and juice, salt and a good grind of black pepper. Add the chicken wings and toss to coat in the marinade. Cover and chill for 2-4 hours.
Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Remove the chicken wings from the fridge 30 minutes before you want to cook them. Spread them over a large non-stick baking tray (discarding any excess marinade) and roast for 35-40 minutes, turning them halfway through, until sticky and cooked through, the juices run clear and no pink meat remains.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes before scattering with the red chilli, if liked. Serve with the yogurt dip.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe