Squid with harissa & chick peas
This warm and comforting dish is a real one-pot wonder. The aromatic blend of spices in the ruby rose harissa paste, including rose petals, smoked paprika and roasted red peppers, add a wonderful fragrant and smokey flavour to the dish. Serve with a wedge of crusty bread to mop up the delicious sauce.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare5 mins
- Cook20 mins
- Total time20 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 echalion shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Cooks' Ingredients Ruby Rose Harissa Paste
- 28g fresh coriander, half roughly chopped
- 400g can essential Waitrose Chick Peas, drained
- 400g can Waitrose Chopped Italian Tomatoes With Sliced Olives
- 400g bag frozen squid tubes, defrosted (in a fridge overnight) and cut into rings
Heat the oil in a frying pan then add the shallot, season and cook gently for 4-5 minutes. Stir in 2 tbsp harissa paste and chopped coriander, cook for 30 seconds, then add in the chick peas and tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir the squid into the sauce, then return to a simmer and cook for 4-5 minutes until just cooked. Drizzle the remaining harissa over and scatter with coriander. Delicious with crusty bread.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe