Save to your scrapbook
Homemade chicken burgers with avocado mayo
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
400g pack essential Waitrose British Chicken Breast Chunks
70g pack Cooks’ Ingredients Diced Pancetta
1 small onion very finely chopped
1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
1 essential Waitrose Baby Avocado, halved and stoned
2 tbsp mayonnaise
4 Waitrose Ciabatta Rolls, split
50g bag Waitrose Wild Rocket
150g bag Waitrose Sea Salt Hand Cooked Crisps
• Ready in 25 minutes • Grill, griddle or fry
1. Place the chicken in a food processor and whizz until finely minced. Add the pancetta, onion and rosemary and pulse once or twice until well mixed but not minced.
2. Shape the mixture into four even-sized cakes. Cook under a medium grill for 6 - 7 minutes each side or in a griddle or frying pan for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through with no pink meat.
3. Mash together the avocado and mayonnaise. Transfer the burgers to a warm plate and quickly toast the inside of the ciabatta rolls.
4. Pile some rocket on the base of each toasted bun and sit a burger on top. Spoon over the avocado mayonnaise and position the lid on top. Serve swiftly with a handful of crunchy crisps on the side.
Remember it is important to thoroughly wash your food processor, utensils and hands in hot soapy water after preparing and handling raw chicken.
Choose a glass of refreshing and great value white: Chat-en-Oeuf Blanc 2010 Pays d'Oc, South of France.
Typical values per serving:
Champteloup Sauvignon Blanc
This recipe was first published in April 2012.