Save to your scrapbook
Rachel Allen's Christmas pudding muffins recipe | Waitrose
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
For the muffins:
30g salted butter
2 tbsp sherry, whisky or brandy
125g leftover Christmas pudding
125g plain flour
1tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp mixed spice
75g caster sugar
For the icing:
125g sifted icing sugar
50g salted butter, softened
1-2 tbsp sweet sherry, whisky or brandy
1. Preheat the oven to 350F or gas mark 4. Line the muffin tins with paper cases.
2. Whisk the egg in a bowl. Add the milk, melted butter, sherry and the Christmas pudding.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder and mixed spice into another bowl. Add the caster sugar and mix well. Make a well in the centre.
4. Add the wet ingredients and mix together until a soft batter forms. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
5. While they are cooking, make the sherry butter icing. Mix together the icing sugar and the butter. Add enough sherry, about 1 tbsp, to just soften the mixture and make it spreadable.
6. Once the muffins are cool, spread the icing over the top and serve.
This recipe was first published in October 2013.