Save to your scrapbook
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Omit the anchovies if you’re not a fan, though by the time you serve this dish, you’d hardly know they were there – they practically melt into the potatoes, imparting a gorgeously salty flavour.
• 50g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
• 350ml chicken stock
• 1 onion, finely sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
• 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
• 1.2kg maris piper potatoes, peeled and sliced as thinly as possible
• 2 tbsp thyme leaves
• large pinch freshly grated nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C, gas mark 4; grease a 1.75–2 litre ovenproof baking dish. Heat the stock in a small saucepan; simmer for about 10 minutes until reduced by half. Meanwhile, melt 30g butter in a large pan, add the onion, garlic and anchovies; sauté for 5 minutes until soft.
2. Add the potatoes and cook for another 2–3 minutes, then stir in the thyme and nutmeg; season. Tip into the baking dish. Pour over the stock and dot with the remaining butter. Bake for 1 hour until the potatoes are tender and golden on top.
Typical values per serving:
Per serving. More info: 5.1g protein, 3g fibre.
Average user rating