Save to your scrapbook
Chicken pilaf with pomegranate
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
125g Love Life Brown Basmati, Red Camargue & Wild Rice, rinsed
1 pack chicken thigh fillets, about 6, each fillet cut into
1½ tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Zhoug
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
28g pack Cooks’ Ingredients Coriander, chopped
125g pack pomegranate seeds
Greek natural strained yogurt, to serve
1. Cook the rice in plenty of boiling, lightly salted water for 20 minutes or until just tender.
2. Put the chicken pieces in a bowl with 1 tbsp of the zhoug and plenty of freshly ground black pepper and mix well.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the chicken pieces for about 8-10 minutes until cooked through, there is no pink meat and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Add the onions and fry in the pan for 5 minutes to soften.
3. Thoroughly drain the rice and add to the pan with the remaining zhoug, the chicken pieces, ¾ of the coriander and half the pomegranate seeds. Mix well and heat through for 1 minute, then season to taste.
5. Serve scattered with the remaining pomegranate seeds, coriander and a dollop of yogurt.
Typical values per serving: