Save to your scrapbook
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Makes: 12 large cupcakes
3g instant coffee
175g self raising flour
225g soft light brown sugar
50g cocoa powder
175g melted unsalted butter
4 medium eggs - separated
Large cupcake cases
1. Boil the water and dissolve with the coffee granules. Set aside to cool.
2. In a bowl, sift the flour, sugar and cocoa powder together.
3. In a separate bowl, melt the butter and add the egg yolks and add the coffee, then fold into the flour, sugar and cocoa powder mix.
4. Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form and fold, in three stages, into the chocolate mix.
5. Spoon the mixture into paper cases until two-thirds full and bake in a preheated oven at 160ºC for 15 minutes.
6. Leave the cupcakes to cool slightly in the tray before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
This recipe was first published in Wed Jun 26 11:52:20 BST 2013.
Average user rating