The Prince's Countryside Fund
Shining a light
on RURAL life
Founded by HRH The Prince of Wales in 2010, The Prince’s Countryside Fund (PCF) is a UK charity that helps rural communities work towards a more secure future by enabling family farms to thrive and building confident rural communities.
In order to create a real future for rural Britain, the PCF:
- Invests at least £500,000 in grants for rural communities for projects providing community-led solutions each year.
- Runs The Prince's Farm Resilience Programme, offering environmental and business skills training to family farms across the UK.
- Provides emergency funding to tackle crises such as outbreaks of disease or extreme weather.
- Undertakes research into problems faced by farming families and communities.
- Runs schemes to help young people get into farming and strengthen support networks.
- Brings together people and business to help tackle challenges such as climate change.
HRH The Prince of Wales meets members of PCF’s Farm Resilience Programme. Photo credit: Mark Lord
Waitrose was one of the fund's earliest corporate partners and remains its biggest champion through an annual contribution of £150,000 and a donation of £200,000 a year from sales of Waitrose Duchy Organic products.