Aubergine, chickpea & red pepper traybake
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook45 mins
- Total time55 mins
- ½ tbsp date nectar
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 Essential Aubergines
- 400g can Essential chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 small Essential red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large roasted red pepper from a jar, drained and thickly sliced
- 28g coriander, chopped
- 1 red or green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 20g fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 unwaxed limes, juice
Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Mix the tamarind paste, date nectar and ½ tbsp oil together in a small bowl. Halve the aubergines lengthways, then use a knife to cut a criss-cross pattern into the flesh, taking care not to go through the skin. Spread the tamarind mixture over the cut sides of the aubergines, then put on a baking tray. Roast for 30 minutes.
Toss the chickpeas and onions with the remaining ½ tbsp oil; add to the aubergine tray and roast together for a further 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the ingredients for the chutney in a high-speed blender with 2 tbsp water and whizz to combine. Stir the roasted pepper through the other vegetables. Serve with the chutney for drizzling over.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe