Aubergine, pepper & zaatar wraps
Malted rye tortillas filled with soft aubergine, salty olives, roasted red peppers and herby zaatar and served with a tangy garlic and basil dip.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook20 mins
- Total time30 mins
- ½ x 25g pack basil, leaves only
- 2 clove/s garlic, crushed
- 50g Alpro Greek Style Plain yogurt alternative
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium aubergine, about 300g, thinly sliced
- 100g Peppadew Roasted Red Peppers, drained and sliced
- 10g Crespo pitted dry black olives, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp Cooks' Ingredients Herby Zaatar
- 2 malted rye tortilla wraps
- 15g roasted pine nuts
Preheat the grill to its highest setting. Chop ½ the basil and mix in a small bowl with ¼ of the garlic and the yogurt alternative. Mix the oil with the remaining garlic and season.
Brush the aubergine slices with a little of the garlic oil, place on a baking sheet and grill for 5 minutes. Turn the slices over and brush with the remaining oil. Grill for another 5-10 minutes, until tender and browned.
Scatter the red peppers, olives and zaatar over the aubergines and grill for 3 minutes. Heat a dry frying pan and warm each wrap for 15 seconds, turning once. Place on plates and scatter over the aubergine mixture. Sprinkle with the pine nuts and remaining basil leaves, then serve with the basil and garlic dip for spooning over.
This is an easy recipe to mix and match ingredients such as courgettes, butternut squash or sweet potatoes instead of the aubergines. Other soft herbs such as dill, coriander, basil or tarragon would also work well.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe