Chorizo, tomato & chickpea broth
This hearty soup really layers up the flavours with good stock, cooking chorizo and sweet vine-ripened tomatoes. Serve for lunch or as a light dinner with plenty of buttered crusty bread.
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook30 mins
- Total time45 mins
- 190g pack Cooks’ Ingredients Cooking Chorizo, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 225g Pome dei Moro Tomatoes, quartered
- 2 x 500g pouches chicken stock
- 2 British Blacktail Medium Free Range Eggs
- 200g Essential Spring Greens, woody stalks discarded, leaves thinly sliced
- ½ lemon, juice
- ⅓ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, leaves chopped
Put the chorizo in a large saucepan and place over a medium-high heat. Allow the fat to melt, stirring often, until crisp and golden, about 4-5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, leaving the fat in the pan.
Add the onion to the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Cook, stirring often, for 5-6 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and chickpeas and fry for 3-4 minutes, until they absorb some fat. Add the tomatoes and stock with the chorizo, bring everything to a gentle simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, gently drop the eggs into a pan of boiling water, then cook for 8 minutes. When ready, run under cold water for 2 minutes, peel and finely chop. Add the spring greens into the soup and cook for 2 minutes more, then squeeze in the lemon juice and season generously with salt. Divide between bowls, then scatter over the chopped egg and the parsley to serve.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe