Chunky Fish Soup
This delicious fish soup is elavated with frangrant saffron and bay leaves, serve as a light lunch or as a starter at supper parties.
- Prepare5 mins
- Cook10 mins
- Total time15 mins
- ½ x 400g pack Waitrose Frozen Fruits de Mer cooked from frozen
- ¼ tsp Cooks' Ingredients Saffron
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium essential Waitrose onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 227g can essential Waitrose Chopped tomatoes
- 500g tub Cooks' ingredients Fish Stock
- 100g Icelandic cod fillet skinned and cubed (or fry tilapia fillets, cut into chunks
Heat the oil in a medium-sized pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, bay leaves and saffron and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and fish stock.
Bring to the boil and add the cod or tilapia with the seafood. Simmer gently for 5–10 minutes until the prawns have turned pink, and the seafood and fish are cooked through.
Check seasoning and discard the bay leaves. Serve garnished with chopped parsley
Why not use the leftover fruits de mer in a inguine marinara? Find the recipe
And to drink...
The beautifully balanced tastes in this soup suit
a delicate rosé such as the red-berry flavoured Torres Viña Sol Rosé, Catalunya, Spain.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe