Courgette, apple & tarragon slaw
A roast bird always welcomes a slaw, especially when the weather is still that little bit warmer. The flavours in this recipe by Harriet Mansell, combining apple and tarragon, see the transition from summer through to autumn very nicely.
- Prepare20 mins
- Cook5 mins
- Total time25 mins
- 300g Waitrose Duchy Organic Courgettes, trimmed and cut into matchsticks
- 1 Waitrose Duchy Organic Onion, finely sliced
- 20g pack tarragon, leaves picked
- 1 green apple, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 1 Waitrose Duchy Organic Lemon (scrubbed), zest and juice
- 3 tbsp natural strained Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove/s Waitrose Duchy Organic Garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to serve
- ½ tsp salt
- 50g Waitrose Duchy Organic Walnuts
- ¼ x 20g pack chives, chopped
Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. In a large bowl, mix together the courgettes, onion and 1⁄2 of the tarragon leaves. In a small bowl, mix the apple with the lemon juice to prevent it browning, then toss into the courgette mixture. In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, lemon zest, mustard, garlic, olive oil, salt and 3-4 grinds of black pepper; stir through the courgette mixture. Leave for at least 30 minutes before serving.
In a small pan, toast the walnuts for 3-5 minutes until golden. Tip into a small bowl and toss in a little salt. Once cool, roughly chop. To serve, spoon the slaw into a serving bowl, sprinkle over the nuts, chives and remaining tarragon, then drizzle with a little olive oil and season with freshly ground black pepper.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe