Giant couscous & falafel salad with sweet tahini dressing
A gloriously good Levantine-style vegan salad, ready in 25 minutes.
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook10 mins
- Total time25 mins
- 2 x 180g packs Cauldron Moroccan Falafels
- 200g Waitrose Love Life Giant Wholewheat Couscous
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 80g bag watercress, thick stalks removed
- 270g pack cherry vine tomatoes, halved
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 100g pack coriander, leaves chopped
- Large pinch Cooks’ Ingredients Pul Biber, to serve (optional)
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp Hellmann’s Vegan Mayo
- 1 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Tahini
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 clove/s garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Cook the falafel according to pack instructions. Meanwhile, boil the couscous according to pack instructions, then drain, toss in the olive oil and transfer to a serving bowl.
For the dressing, mix the vegan mayo with the tahini, lemon, garlic and agave in a small bowl or jam jar. Whisk in the olive oil until a smooth, emulsified dressing forms, then season.
Once the falafels are ready, add the watercress, tomatoes, cucumber and most of the coriander to the couscous, drizzle over most of the dressing and toss everything together. Scatter the falafels over the top, drizzle over the remaining dressing and scatter over the remaining coriander and the pul biber, if using. Serve immediately.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe