Grilled chicken salad with dragoncello sauce
This big salad packs a big punch of tarragon in a classic but not too often seen Italian-style dressing. The perfect midweek dish to share with friends or family.
- Prepare5 mins
- Cook35 mins
- Total time40 mins
- 750g Essential Charlotte Potatoes, larger ones halved or quartered
- 240g pack Essential Round Beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 Essential White Eggs
- 500g Essential Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 4 tbsp Essential Olive Oil
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 20g pack tarragon, leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Essential Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 pack 2 Essential Little Gem Lettuce, leaves separated and torn
- 1 Essential Cucumber, halved and sliced
Begin by boiling the potatoes in salted water for 15 minutes until tender. Add the beans for the final 5 minutes, then lift out with a slotted spoon, drain and allow to steam dry. Boil the eggs alongside in another pan for 8 minutes, then drain and set aside.
Season the chicken and rub with 1 tbsp oil. Put a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and cook for about 10 minutes per side, until golden until thoroughly cooked with no pink meat and the juices run clear. Allow the chicken to rest on a board for a few minutes before slicing.
As the chicken cooks, make the dressing. Peel the eggs and take the yolks out. Mash the yolks in a bowl, then add the garlic, anchovies, tarragon, vinegar, remaining oil and 1 tbsp warm water, then season. Roughly chop the egg whites and set aside.
On a large plate or platter, layer up the beans and potatoes, lettuce and cucumber, drizzling with some of the dressing as you go. Finish with the chicken and chopped egg white, and the last few spoons of dressing.
Dragoncello is the rather wonderful Italian name for tarragon. This salad can easily be made pescatarian; simply swap the chicken for cooked salmon fillets, hot smoked salmon or mackerel.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe