Indonesian-inspired smoked tofu salad
A vegan salad with fresh, aromatic flavours.
- Prepare20 mins
- Cook8 mins
- Total time28 mins
- 200g trimmed fine green beans
- ½ Chinese leaf lettuce, shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled then pared into ribbons, grated or julienned
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 200g radishes, trimmed and sliced
- 225g smoked tofu, sliced
For the peanut & lime dressing
- 4 tbsp reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp no added sugar peanut butter
- ½ large red chilli, deseeded and chopped (0.25- 0.5)
- 1 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 small clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 Juice of lime
Whizz all the dressing ingredients in a small blender or food processor until smooth then set aside.
Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the beans. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, then drain and rinse under cold water to stop them cooking.
Arrange the Chinese leaf lettuce over a large platter, top with the beans, carrots, cucumber, radish and tofu. Spoon the dressing over the salad to serve.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe