Marmalade-glazed gammon with Savoy salad
The salty richness of gammon is balanced and enhanced by a little citrussy sweetness. A marmalade-dressed crunchy salad ties it all together beautifully.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook15 mins
- Total time25 mins
- 25g walnut pieces, roughly chopped
- 1 clementine or small orange, juice
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Waitrose Duchy Organic Fine Cut Seville Orange Marmalade
- 150g wedge Savoy cabbage, trimmed and finely shredded
- 1 small red-skinned apple, quartered, cored and finely sliced
- 360g Essential Unsmoked Gammon Steaks, trimmed of rind and fat
- Mashed potato, to serve (optional)
Preheat the grill to high. Spread the walnut pieces over a baking tray and put under the grill for 1-2 minutes as it warms up, until lightly toasted. Whisk together the citrus juice, vinegar, oil, 1 tsp mustard and 1 tsp marmalade to make a dressing. Season, then toss with the Savoy, apple and toasted walnuts. The cabbage will start to wilt a little.
Put the gammon steaks on a rack, over a grill pan. Grill for 5 minutes each side, until cooked through and the juices run clear. Stir together the remaining 1 tsp mustard and 1 tbsp marmalade. Brush over the top of the gammon and grill for 2 minutes more or until golden and sticky. Serve with the salad and mashed potato, if liked.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe