Peppered minute steaks
Tender peppery steaks and a fresh potato and vegetable salad, ready to eat in just 25 minutes.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook10 mins
- Total time25 mins
- 500g Waitrose Miniature Potatoes
- 230g Waitrose Bunched Asparagus, spears halved lengthways
- 2 Waitrose Pickled Gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25g fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 25g essential Waitrose Greek Light Salad Cheese, finely crumbled
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 4 essential Waitrose Frying Steaks or Thin Cut Aberdeen Angus Sirloin Steaks, trimmed of fat
Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes then add the asparagus and cook for a further 3 minutes.c
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the gherkins, shallot and olive oil. Stir through the parsley and cheese.
Drain the vegetables, add to the gherkins and parsley mixture and toss well together.
Heat a large, non-stick frying pan. Sprinkle the crushed pepper over the steaks and cook over a high heat for a minute on each side.
Divide the hot steaks between 4 plates and serve straight away with the dressed vegetables.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe