Pork fillet with lemongrass and chilli green beans
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook20 mins
- Total time30 mins
- 400g green beans, trimmed
- 300g jasmine rice
- 28g pack coriander, stems and leaves separated, roughly chopped, with a few leaves reserved to serve
- 1 stem lemongrass, outer skin discarded, chopped
- ½ Thai red chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 essential limes, zest of all, juice of 1½, ½ cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp Essential Olive Oil
- 400g pork fillet, cut into 1-2cm slices
- 4 tbsp natural yogurt
Cook the beans in a large pan of boiling salted water for 4 minutes until tender. Use a slotted spoon to transfer them to a colander; refresh under cold water and set aside. Add the rice to the boiling water; cook for 7-8 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the coriander stems, lemongrass, chilli, garlic, lime zest and 2 tbsp water in the small bowl of a food processor. Whizz to a paste then season. Toss the beans with the paste and ½ the chopped coriander leaves.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Season the pork and fry for 2-4 minutes each side, until no pink meat remains and the juices run clear. Pour over ½ the lime juice; transfer to a plate; rest for 2 minutes. Stir the remaining lime juice and chopped coriander into the yogurt. Serve the pork with the rice, beans, yogurt and lime wedges; topped with the reserved coriander leaves.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe