Prosciutto-wrapped asparagus with chive vinaigrette
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook15 mins
- Total time30 mins
- 1 small garlic clove, halved
- 5 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 2 x 400g bunches asparagus, woody ends removed
- 2 x 80g packs prosciutto, slices halved lengthways
- 1/2 x 25g pack chives, chopped
- 1½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1 tsp caster sugar
Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. In a pestle and mortar, crush ½ the garlic clove with 1 tbsp olive oil. Toss with the asparagus to coat; season with black pepper.
Firmly wrap the middle of each asparagus spear in ½ a slice of ham. Lightly grease 2 large baking trays, divide the asparagus between them in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes, until the ham is crisp and the asparagus tender.
Meanwhile, put the remaining 4 tbsp oil and ½ garlic clove in a small food processor with the remaining ingredients and 2 tbsp water. Season and blend to make the vinaigrette. Serve with the asparagus.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe