Puy lentils with roasted baby top carrots & mint
This veggie side can be served as a salad or as an accompaniment to grilled meat or fish.
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook25 mins
- Total time35 mins
- 2 x 150g packs No.1 Baby Topped Rainbow Carrots, halved lengthways or left whole if small
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1/2 x 20g pack tarragon, leaves chopped
- 1/4 x 25g pack Cooks' Ingredients Mint, leaves chopped
- ½ lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 250g pack Merchant Gourmet Puy Lentils
- 4 salad onions, finely sliced
- 100g watercress
Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. In a roasting tin toss together the carrots, cumin, fennel and 2 tbsp olive oil. Season and roast for 20 minutes until tender and starting to go golden.
Meanwhile, mix together the harissa, herbs, lemon zest and juice, garlic and remaining olive oil, then season to make a dressing.
Tip the lentils into the roasting tin, then return to the oven for 3-4 minutes to warm through. Carefully mix in the dressing, then fold through the salad onions and watercress. Serve as a salad or alongside grilled meat or fish.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe