Roasted hake & cauliflower with parsley salsa
A herby caper and red wine vinegar dressing adds zing to this all-in-one bake.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook40 mins
- Total time55 mins
- 500g Essential Large Potatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 Essential Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 clove/s garlic, unpeeled
- 25g pack flat leaf parsley, leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp nonpareille capers, drainerd, rinsed and finally chopped
- 15g toasted flaked almonds, finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 x 200g Essential Hake Fillets
Preheat the oven to 220ºC, gas mark 7, and put in a large baking tray to heat up. Toss the potatoes and cauliflower with 2 tbsp oil and the paprika; season. Spreadout on the hot tray in a single layer. Add the garlic and roast for 25-30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the parsley, capers, almonds and vinegar with the remaining oil; season with black pepper.
When the potatoes and cauliflower are starting to brown, remove the garlic and lay the hake on top of the veg. Season the fillets and return to the oven for a final 10 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through, opaque and piping hot. Squeeze the garlic out of its skin into the parsley salsa, mix well and drizzle over the fish.
Toasted flaked almonds
Scatter over soups or stews for crunch or use to top yoghurt and stewed fruit for a quick pud.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe