Satay chicken noodles with shredded cavolo nero
These satay noodles make a perfect mid-week dinner, and they're on the table in less than 30 minutes!
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook10 mins
- Total time20 mins
- 300g Amoy straight to wok udon noodles
- 2 essential Waitrose British skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1cm slices
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 75g essential Waitrose Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, cut into bite sized chunks
- 20g fresh root ginger, finely shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 200g pack cavolo nero, finely shredded
Heat the noodles according to pack instructions and set aside. Meanwhile, toss the chicken with 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tsp cumin and let it sit for a minute or two. For the sauce, mix the remaining 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tsp cumin with the peanut butter and chilli flakes. Loosen with 5 tbsp just-boiled water.
Heat 1⁄2 tbsp oil in a frying pan or wok, then fry the chicken over a high heat for 3-4 minutes, until golden and just cooked through. Scoop onto a plate and set aside.
Keeping the heat high, add the remaining 1⁄2 tbsp oil, then fry the onion for 1 minute. Add the ginger and garlic to the pan, sizzle briefly, then tip in the cavolo nero, noodles and chicken. Turn everything over a few times in the pan using tongs. The cabbage should retain plenty of texture. Pour in the sauce, shake the pan a little, and serve immediately.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe