Sea bass with asparagus in creamy broth
This dish combines a dash of fish sauce with hot water for an excellent cheat’s fish stock.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook20 mins
- Total time30 mins
- 250g new potatoes, cut into 1cm chunks
- 160g frozen Essential Garden Peas
- 200g fine asparagus, woody ends removed and cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 tbsp Essential reduced fat crème fraîche
- 30g Cooks' Ingredients Frozen Chimichurri Portions (about 3 pieces)
- 1½ tsp fish sauce
- 2 sea bass fillets
- 1 tsp Essential Olive Oil
Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Cook the potatoes for 6 minutes, then add the peas and asparagus. Cook for 5-6 minutes more until everything is tender. Drain and run under cold water.
Put the crème fraîche and chimichurri in a pan; gradually whisk in 200ml just-boiled water and the fish sauce until smooth. Season and heat gently until piping hot.
Heat the grill to high. Coat the sea bass in the oil and season. Put on a foil-lined baking tray, skin-side up, and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the skin is golden and crisp and the underside is cooked through, opaque and flakes easily. Divide the veg between 2 shallow bowls and pour the broth over each one. Top with the sea bass and scatter over a little freshly ground black pepper.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe