John Whaite's soba noodle salad
This refreshing soba noodle salad by John Whaite is perfect to have as a main meal or as part of a larger spread.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook5 mins
- Total time20 mins
- 150g Clearspring Buckwheat Soba Gluten Free Noodles
- 100g Essential Round Beans, ends trimmed, then cut into 2cm lengths
- 100g essential frozen peas
- 70g cashew nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- ½ x 25g pack coriander, leaves roughly chopped, stems finely chopped
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Tahini Paste
- 1 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients White miso paste
- 1 tbsp Essential Pure Clear Honey
- 4 Essential Salad Onions, finely sliced
- 20g ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 ripe Essential Home Ripening Avocado
- 1 Essential Lime, juice
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Snap the noodles in ½, then add to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, before adding the beans and peas. Return to the boil and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water to cool, then drain well.
While the noodles cook, put the tahini, miso and honey into a large mixing bowl, add 2 tbsp water and whisk together. Add the salad onions and ginger, then use a spoon to scoop the ripe avocado into the bowl in little nuggets. Add the lime juice and stir.
Add the cooled noodles, beans and peas to the dressing and toss everything together, then divide into portions and top with the cashew nuts and coriander.
To make the recipe vegan, use agave nectar, or maple syrup, instead of the honey. Swap the lime for an unwaxed one.
To make your own roast cashews, toss them in a dry pan over a medium heat until golden here and there.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe