Speedy pepper & black bean chilli
This fast veggie chilli ticks a lot of boxes: it's low in saturated fat, contains one of your 5 a day and is gluten-free, too.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook15 mins
- Total time30 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g Waitrose Mixed Romano Peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- sprig/s fresh rosemary, leaves only, chopped
- 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 350g fresh Waitrose Cherry Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 2 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Chipotle Paste
- 50g grated Cheddar
- Cooked rice, to serve
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the peppers, onion and rosemary for 5 minutes until softened.
Add the beans, cherry tomato sauce and chipotle paste, cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes, until the peppers are tender.
Spoon the chilli into bowls with cooked rice or baked potatoes and sprinkle Cheddar on top. Garnish with fresh coriander, if you like.
For added heat, add a little hot smoked paprika in with the chipotle paste.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe