Spicy chicken ‘torta'
Cheese-filled chicken with a crisp tortilla crumb adds crunch to this spin on a Mexican sandwich.
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook35 mins
- Total time45 mins
- 282g pack Easy to Cook Mexican Inspired Chicken
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 25g pack coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Jalapeño Peppers, drained and finely chopped, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 1 unwaxed lime, zest and juice
- 1 pack pack half ciabattas 2s
- ½ pack x 300g spicy refried beans
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- ½ iceberg lettuce, shredded or separated into leaves
Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Cook the chicken according to pack instructions. Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, coriander, jalapeños and lime zest in a bowl. Set aside.
After the chicken has been in the oven for 20 minutes, put the ciabattas alongside to warm through. When the chicken and ciabattas are ready, set aside to rest. Meanwhile, put the refried beans in a small saucepan, add the lime juice, then cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, until piping hot.
To serve, split open each ciabatta and spread the bottom half with the refried beans and the top half with the mayonnaise. Slice each chicken breast into 3, then lay the slices along the base of each sandwich. Top with sliced tomatoes, lettuce and extra jalapeños (if using). Close the sandwiches and cut each into 3.
Serves 6 as part of a bigger meal.
Serve the remaining refried beans hot as an easy dip for tortilla chips.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe