Squash & chorizo olive roast
Juicy Manzanilla olives and the gentle spice of chorizo make a winning partnership. Ready-sliced butternut squash adds great flavour and texture, and makes the dish really quick to prepare.
Shop the ingredients here.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare5 mins
- Cook25 mins
- Total time30 mins
- 4 clove/s garlic, unpeeled
- 2½ tbsp Essential Olive Oil
- 4 sprig/s Cooks' Ingredients Rosemary
- 385g pack Cooks' Ingredient Butternut Squash Slices, halved
- 390g can Essential Artichoke Hearts in Water, drained and halved
- 350g Fragata Manzanilla Olives Filled with Chorizo, drained
- ½ x 250g bag Essential Kale
- 150g pack Essential French Soft Goat's Cheese
- ½ unwaxed lemon, zest
- Crusty bread, to serve (optional)
Preheat the oven to 220ºC, gas mark 7. Bash the garlic cloves with a rolling pin or the side of a knife and put in a large mixing bowl with 2 tbsp oil, the rosemary, butternut squash slices and halved artichoke hearts. Season, toss together, then spread over a large roasting tin. Roast for 15 minutes, stirring halfway.
Stir the olives and kale into the tin with the remaining ½ tbsp oil and roast for a final 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven, spoon over the goat’s cheese and sprinkle over the lemon zest and a grind of black pepper. Serve immediately with crusty bread, if liked.
Go for grains: for a gluten-free version, swap the bread for a pouch of Waitrose Chickpeas, Spinach & Quinoa.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe