Sriracha tofu noodle soup
A comforting and flavoursome vegan soup
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook30 mins
- Total time40 mins
- 1 L fresh vegetable stock
- 30g ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 6 Cooks’ Ingredients Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
- 2 star anise
- 4 salad onions, whites and greens separated, both sliced
- 280g pack The Tofoo Co Sriracha Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 Chinese leaf
- 1 small handful Thai basil, mint or coriander, to serve
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 200g flat rice noodles
In a large pan, mix 500ml cold water with the stock, ginger, mushrooms, star anise and salad onion whites, then bring to the boil. Meanwhile, open the tofu pack, drain the excess sriracha into a small bowl, cover and set aside. Cut the tofu into bitesized chunks. When the soup comes to a rolling boil, lower the heat to a high simmer while you shred the Chinese leaf and tear the herb leaves.
In a non-stick pan, heat the oil then fry the cubed tofu, turning regularly until evenly golden all over (about 10 minutes). Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
Mix the soy sauce into the soup. Season if needed, then add the shredded Chinese leaf and simmer for 5 minutes. Cook the noodles according to pack instructions then divide between 4 serving bowls. Ladle over the soup, tip in the tofu and top with the salad onion greens and herbs. Spoon over the reserved sriracha and serve.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe