Steak, papaya & wild rice salad
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook25 mins
- Total time35 mins
- 300g brown basmati and wild rice
- 1 Waitrose & Partners Perfectly Ripe Papaya, peeled, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 red Cooks’ Ingredients Thai Chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 echalion shallot, cut into thin rounds
- 25g pack flat leaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- 2 small sirloin steaks
- ½ x 80g pack pea shoots
- 4 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ½ orange, zest of ¼ and juice of all
Cook the rice according to pack instructions (about 20 minutes). Drain, then refresh under cold running water and transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining all the ingredients; season. Put the papaya in another bowl and gently fold through the chilli, shallot and 2 tbsp of the dressing. Pour the remaining dressing over the cooked rice, add the parsley and stir it through.
Heat a frying pan over a high heat. Season the steaks and cook for 2 minutes on each side for medium, or a minute longer on each side if you prefer them well done, then thinly slice. Divide the rice between 4 bowls and top with the papaya, pea shoots and steak slices. Drizzle a little oil over the steak and pea shoots, then season to serve.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe