Save to your scrapbook
Butternut squash and aubergine tagine
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 aubergine, cut into large chunks
1 red onion, cut into wedges
350g pack ready to cook butternut squash and sweet potato cubes
235g pack Waitrose Moroccan spiced fruity couscous
90g jar Belazu tagine paste
400ml vegetable stock, hot
100g baby spinach leaves
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large sauté pan. Add the aubergine and onion, and fry over a high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently or until golden all over. Using a slotted spoon, remove to a bowl, then fry the butternut squash and sweet potato until lightly coloured.
2. Return the aubergine and onion to the pan, cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Heat the couscous according to pack instructions.
4. In the meantime, add the tagine paste to the sauté pan and cook over a low heat for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Pour in the hot vegetable stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
5. Stir in the spinach and simmer for 2 minutes or until it wilts and the vegetables are tender.
6. Divide the tagine between 2 bowls and serve with the couscous.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Wed Jan 16 13:40:00 GMT 2013.
Average user rating