Save to your scrapbook
Clam & prawn spaghetti
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
300g fresh clams
200g spaghetti or linguine
2 tbsp olive oil
40g unsalted butter
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red chilli finely diced
25g pack fresh parsley, stalks and leaves finely chopped separately
150g raw king prawns, sliced in half
100ml dry white wine
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1. Rinse the clams in cold running water and scrub if necessary, then put them into a large bowl and cover with cold water. Salt generously and leave for a couple of hours, then drain and rinse well to remove any grit or sand.
2. Cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan and add the olive oil and half of the butter.
3. Fry the garlic, chilli and parsley stalks, add the prawns followed by the clams, give them a good stir then tip over the white wine.
4. When the clam shells are open (discard any clams that remain closed) and the prawns are pink, stir in the drained pasta. Finish with the lemon juice and zest, remaining butter and chopped parsley.
5. Let the pasta sit for a few minutes in the sauce to absorb all the flavours. Serve in pasta bowls with a wedge of lemon to squeeze over.
Typical values per serving:
Champteloup Sauvignon Blanc
Average user rating