Save to your scrapbook
Peppered minute steaks
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
500g pack Waitrose Miniature Potatoes
230g Waitrose Bunched Asparagus, spears halved lengthways
2 Waitrose Pickled Gherkins, finely chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 tsp olive oil
25g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
25g essential Waitrose Greek Light Salad Cheese, finely crumbled
1 tsp black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
4 essential Waitrose Frying Steaks or Thin Cut Aberdeen Angus Sirloin Steaks, trimmed of fat
1. Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes then add the asparagus and cook for a further 3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the gherkins, shallot and olive oil. Stir through the parsley and cheese.
3. Drain the vegetables, add to the gherkins and parsley mixture and toss well together.
4. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan. Sprinkle the crushed pepper over the steaks and cook over a high heat for a minute on each side.
5. Divide the hot steaks between 4 plates and serve straight away with the dressed vegetables.
Typical values per serving:
2.8g fibre 45.4g protein
This recipe was first published in June 2014.