Save to your scrapbook
Linguine With Crab, Chilli & Garlic Recipe
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
The fresh flavours in this simple pasta dish work beautifully together, and make for a delicious midweek meal or an easy dinner party dish. Serve with a glass of chilled white wine.
400g essential Waitrose Linguine
4 tbsp olive oil
2–3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 fresh red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
2 x 100g packs fresh Seafood & Eat It Cornish Fifty Fifty Crab
Juice 1 lemon
25g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Green salad, to serve
1. Cook the linguine according to the pack instructions, then drain and cover, reserving a little of the cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the olive oil, followed by the garlic and chilli, and fry gently for 2 minutes.
3. Add the crab meat, stir well to combine and heat through. Once the crab is hot, fold through the lemon juice.
4. Add the cooked, drained linguine to the crab together with enough of the reserved cooking water to loosen (about 2–3 tbsp). Add the parsley and toss through until the pasta is evenly coated in the sauce.
5. Divide between shallow bowls, drizzle with a little olive oil and serve immediately with green salad.
For a saucier pasta, add some finely chopped fresh tomatoes at the end of step 2 and cook for 2 minutes before adding the crab.
Typical values per serving:
20.4mg vitamin C
This recipe was first published in February 2016.