Chorizo, white bean & pumpkin cocido
This hearty dish includes spicy, smokey chorizo, cooked pumpkins and cannellini beans. It is perfect for a midweek meal for the whole family.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare20 mins
- Cook40 mins
- Total time1 hr
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 190g pack Unearthed Spanish Hot Spicy Cooking Chorizo Sausages, sliced (selected branches)
- 500g cooking pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 227g can essential Waitrose Chopped Tomatoes
- 300ml chicken stock
- 100ml white wine
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 x 400g cans essential Waitrose Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g kale, shredded (optional)
Heat the olive oil in a heavy based pan or casserole, add the onion and garlic and cook for 3–4 minutes until softened.
Add the chorizo and brown on both sides then add the pumpkin or squash and stir to coat in the juices. Cook over a low-medium heat for 10 minutes until the pumpkin or squash is just tender.
Add the tomatoes, stock, wine, bay leaves, beans and seasoning and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the kale if using and cook for a further 5 minutes. Check the seasoning, then serve in warm bowls with crusty bread.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe