Mushroom spaghetti bolognese
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare10 mins
- Cook30 mins
- Total time40 mins
- 2 tbsp mild olive oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 300g packs essential Waitrose Cup Mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 Star ai Funghi Porcini stock cube
- 400g essential Waitrose Chopped Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Waitrose Green Basil Pesto
- 300g essential Waitrose Spaghetti
- Finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana Padano cheese, to serve
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the onions for 10 minutes until soft and turning golden. Increase the heat to high, add the garlic, remaining oil and mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes, until browned.
Blend the stock cube with 150ml boiling water and add to the pan with the tomatoes and pesto. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 10 minutes until thickened and pulpy.
Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the spaghetti for 10 minutes until tender. Drain, divide between 4 serving plates and top with the mushroom sauce. Serve sprinkled with a little cheese. Great with a green salad.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe