'Nduja prawns with courgette & orzo
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare5 mins
- Cook12 mins
- Total time17 mins
- 180g extra large raw king prawns
- 50g essential Salted Dairy Butter, softened
- 2 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients ’Nduja Paste
- 100g essential Orzo
- 2 courgettes, coarsely grated
- 1 Cooks’ Ingredients Large Garlic clove, crushed, or 1 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Garlic Purée
- ½ tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ 160g pack popped garden peas
Pat the raw prawns dry on kitchen paper and season lightly. Beat together 30g of the butter with the ’nduja paste in a small bowl. Place the orzo pasta in a pan of boiling water and cook for 9-11 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a frying pan until very hot and bubbling. Add the prawns and fry for 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally, until they’re cooked through and pink and opaque. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
Tip the courgettes into the pan with the garlic, rosemary and peas and fry for 3-4 minutes until the courgettes are beginning to colour, then stir in the cooked orzo. Tip out onto warmed serving plates and place the prawns on top. Briefly heat the ’nduja butter in the pan to soften slightly and spoon over the prawns. Serve with warmed sourdough bread.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe