Piri piri steak salad with avocado green goddess dressing
This tasty steak salad would also work well with chicken, pork, fish or even tofu or halloumi.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook10 mins
- Total time25 mins
- 4 x 150g Aberdeen Angus beef sirloin steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Piri Piri Rub
- 200g trimmed sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- 120g pack extra fine green beans, halved
- 120g pack Florette Rocket & Baby Kale Mix
- ½ Essential Cucumber, cut into rough chunks
- 1/2 x 280g jar sliced artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 salad onions, finely sliced
For the dressing
- 1 Perfectly Ripe Extra Large Avocado, peeled, stoned and roughly chopped
- 1/2 x 25g pack basil
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 clove/s garlic, peeled
- 50g natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Add the steaks to a plate with the oil, a pinch of salt and the piri piri rub. Mix until well coated, then set aside.
Add the sugar snaps and green beans to a saucepan of boiling, lightly salted water and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until just cooked but firm. Drain and rinse under a cold tap until cold, then leave to drain completely.
Add the avocado to a blender with the remaining dressing ingredients and 5 tbsp water. Blitz until smooth and season to taste.
Heat a large nonstick frying pan over a high heat. Add the steaks and cook, in batches if necessary, for 1-2 minutes on each side for rare. Remove from the pan and leave to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Toss together the remaining ingredients (except the salad onions) with the steak, then serve with spoonfuls of dressing and the salad onions sprinkled over the top.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe