Roast carrots & parsnips with honey & mustard
Root vegetables respond very well to a little extra TLC come the big day. This recipe results in crisp, caramelised edges and the deliciously sticky glaze is no more demanding than a salad dressing.
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook1 hr 10 mins
- Total time1 hr 25 mins
- 1kg Essential Parsnips, peeled, trimmed and halved lengthways or quartered if chunky
- 6 tbsp Essential Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Essential Wholegrain Mustard
- 6 tbsp Essential Pure Clear Honey
- 1kg Essential Carrots, trimmed and halved lengthways or quartered if chunky
- Thyme leaves, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Tip the parsnips into a large roasting tin. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, mustard and honey. Season and pour over the parsnips, toss to coat, then roast for 15 minutes.
Increase the oven temperature to 220ºC, gas mark 7, then add the carrots and toss again until everything is coated. Return to the oven for 45-55 minutes until golden and tender, turning everything halfway through. Serve with a scattering of thyme leaves and pomegranate seeds, if liked.
These go really well with:
Sprouts with lemon & smoked almonds
Roast potatoes with garlic & rosemary
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe