Roast cod with tomato dressing
Say hello to summer with this effortless one-pan bake. The herby dressing is made using top-quality white wine vinegar and tastes beautiful with responsibly sourced Icelandic cod.
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook40 mins
- Total time55 mins
- 750g baby new potatoes, cut into 0.3cm-thick slices
- 600g Essential Courgettes, trimmed and cut into 0.5-thick slices
- 6 tbsp Essential Olive Oil
- 1 clove/s garlic, finely chopped
- 1 echalion shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Cooks' Ingredients Nonpareille Capers, drained
- 2 x 240g packs MSC Icelandic cod fillets
- 1½ tbsp Aspall Organic White Wine Vinegar
- 270g cherry vine tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¼ x 20g pack chives, chopped
Preheat the oven to 220ºC, gas mark 7. Toss the potatoes and courgettes with 1½ tbsp oil and spread over a large baking tray. Season and roast for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Meanwhile, put the remaining 4½ tbsp olive oil in a small saucepan with the garlic, shallot, capers and a pinch of salt. Set over a medium heat and, as soon as it starts bubbling, reduce the heat to low and cook very gently for 15 minutes, swirling every now and then. Take off the heat and set aside.
Lower the oven temperature to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Season the cod and nestle the fillets between the vegetables on the baking tray. Roast everything for a final 8-16 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fillets), until the fish is cooked through, opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Finish the dressing by stirring the white wine vinegar, tomatoes and chives into the shallot and capers mixture. Spoon over the fish and serve.
Fresh chives have a mellow oniony taste. Sprinkle over salads, frittatas and chilled soups for extra flavour.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe