Vegan tomato soup with spinach ravioli
- CourseMain meal
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook45 mins
- Total time1 hr
- 2 x 300g packs Waitrose 1 Red Choice Tomatoes, halved
- 3 medium leeks, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 4 thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 500ml Cooks Ingredients Fresh Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 250g pack Waitrose & Partners Vegan Spinach Ravioli
- 1 handful basil leaves
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C, gas mark 6. Put the tomatoes, along with any vines (for extra flavour), in a large roasting tray. Add the leeks, garlic and thyme; drizzle over the olive oil and season. Roast for 25 minutes, then add the butter beans, stock and 250ml water to the tray; return to the oven for another 15 minutes. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
Remove and discard any woody thyme sprigs and tomato vines from the tray, then tip the contents into a large blender with 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Whizz until smooth, loosening with more water if needed and adjusting the seasoning (you may need to add a pinch of sugar or honey, too).
Cook the ravioli according to pack instructions, then drain and toss with the remaining 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Reheat the soup if necessary and divide between bowls. Top each bowl with a few ravioli and basil leaves.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe