Save to your scrapbook
Banoffee cake with caramel, chocolate & banana
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Serves: Makes 12 slices
75g butter, softened
25g caster sugar
1 large egg
397g can Nestlé Carnation Caramel
225g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
3 ripe bananas, mashed
50g Cooks’ Ingredients Dark Chocolate Chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Grease and base line a 1 kg loaf tin.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy then add the egg followed by the caramel. Mix the flour and baking powder together and gradually fold into the caramel mixture.
3. Fold in the banana and ¾ chocolate chunks and pour into the prepared tin. Sprinkle over the remaining chocolate chunks.
4. Bake for 1 hour, covering loosely with foil for the last 15 minutes if it gets too dark. The cake is cooked if a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin then slice and serve.
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating