Carrot soup with quinoa and feta
This creamy carrot soup, spiced with garlic, cumin, hot smoked paprika and chilli powder and is topped with quinoa and crumbled feta.
- Prepare15 mins
- Cook25 mins
- Total time40 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg essential Waitrose carrots, coarsely grated or sliced
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp hot smoked paprika
- ½ tsp mild chilli powder, to taste (approx. 0.25-0.5 tsp)
- 1 L fresh vegetable stock
- 100g quinoa
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar, plus extra to serve
- ½ handful roughly chopped mint leaves
- ½ handful roughly chopped flat leaf parsley leaves
- 100g essential Waitrose feta, crumbled
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion and garlic and fry gently for 2-3 minutes. Add the carrots, then the spices, and fry for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden. Add the stock and 500ml boiling water, season and simmer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to pack instructions; drain and set aside.
Take the soup off the heat and blend with the vinegar until smooth. Ladle into bowls; top with the quinoa, herbs and feta. Drizzle with more vinegar to serve.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe