Golden tomato, burrata & broad bean salad with anchovies
A stylish sharer or starter – pair with good crusty bread or toasted sourdough, ready to scoop up the creamy burrata.
- Prepare20 mins
- Cook3 mins
- Total time23 mins
- 100g double-podded broad beans (see cook’s tip)
- 175g pack chargrilled artichokes in herb dressing
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 unwaxed lemon, finely grated zest, plus 2 tbsp juice
- 1 clove/s garlic, crushed
- 5 anchovy fillets, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- 225g pack Golden Baby Plum Tomatoes, halved
- ½ x 25g pack basil leaves
- 285g pack No.1 Burrata, drained
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- Warm crusty bread or sourdough toast, to serve
Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil, then cook the broad beans for 3 minutes, until just tender. Drain and cool under cold water before draining well.
Drain the artichokes over a bowl, reserving the dressing, then cut them in ½. Whisk the dressing with the extra virgin oil, lemon juice, garlic and seasoning, then add the anchovies.
Arrange the avocado on a platter, then scatter the artichokes, tomatoes and beans over the top. Sprinkle with the lemon zest and basil leaves, then nestle the burrata in the middle
Season the burrata and scatter the chilli flakes over and around. Pour over the anchovy dressing and serve immediately with the bread or toast.
To get around 100g double-podded broad beans, you will need about 700-750g fresh broad beans in their large pods, or 250g frozen that will need defrosting and taking out of their little outer skins. Alternatively, use 100g frozen edamame and cook according to pack instructions.
Typical values per serving when made using specific products in recipe