Save to your scrapbook
Carrot cake bites
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
275g Duchy Originals from Waitrose organic brown self raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground mixed spice
100g dark muscovado sugar
250g finely grated carrots
125ml Waitrose Leckford Estate cold pressed rapeseed oil
2 large Waitrose free range British Blacktail eggs, beaten
Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
100g essential Waitrose lighter soft cheese
1-2 tbsp agave or maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Line a deep, 20cm square, non-stick cake tin with baking parchment.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, spice, sugar, carrots and sultanas. Make a well in the centre and add the oil, eggs and orange juice. Mix until well blended. Pour into the tin and bake for 35-40 minutes until risen and cooked through.
3. Lift the cake onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
4. Beat together the soft cheese, most of the orange zest and syrup (reserving a little zest for garnish).
5. Spread the cream-cheese frosting on top of the cake, sprinkle over the remaining zest to decorate, then cut into squares to serve.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Thu Sep 19 13:08:00 BST 2013.