Save to your scrapbook
Sally’s curried minced pork
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Serves: 4 - 6
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp oil
500g pack minced pork
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tbsp medium curry paste
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp tomato purée
300ml chicken stock
1 small red pepper, cut into strips
75g dried apricots, quartered
1. Fry the onion in oil for 3 - 4 minutes until softened without colouring. Add pork and fry briefly.
2. Add garlic and curry paste, stirring continuously to prevent burning.
3. Add zest and purée; stir to prevent sticking and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Pour on stock and simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes.
5. Add pepper, cover and cook for 20 - 25 minutes until meat softens. As the liquid reduces to a syrupy consistency, add apricots and cook for a few minutes to soften. Season and serve with couscous or rice.
This recipe was first published in Thu May 10 07:56:00 BST 2012.