5 ingredients: Lentil, bean & beet salad with smoked mackerel
A beautiful, gluten free dish on the table in 10 minutes
- Prepare10 mins
- Total time10 mins
- 1 pack Essential round green beans
- 1 Essential Lentils in Water
- 1 pack Essential Beetroot Salad
- 1 tbsp Essential Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 pack Essential Smoked Mackerel Fillets
Trim and halve the round beans, then boil in lightly salted water for 4 minutes, or until just tender. Drain.
Save 1 tbsp water from the lentils can, then drain the rest away. Toss the lentils, reserved water, cooked round beans, beetroot salad and 1 tbsp mustard until well coated.
Pile into wide serving bowls. Remove the skin and any larger bones from the mackerel, then flake on top of the salad. Try with a dollop of Essential Soured Cream or Greek-style yogurt on the side.